Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Progress on pyGates

Yesterday I wrote a short paragraph about a project I recently started, a logic gate simulator written in Python (short: pyGates). I spent a night and most of todays classes coding on it, and it's starting to get to a point where it's almost usable. I still need to implement a few more things such as switches and lightbulbs, perhaps I'll add some higher-level logic chips later on, but the basic structure is put together and the wires will also finally behave properly (in terms of connecting to the right sockets and staying there, that is).

Next up is fixing up the graphics, the main thing here is to put in the standardized symbols for the different gates, and making the wires look nice (I'll probably have them hang down as though they were loose cables, similar to logicly). Below is a screenshot of what the program currently looks like (yes, the gates look the same even though they serve different functions).

No comments: