Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

ROAMR now has a Git repository - and a name!

I've set up a Git repository for my robot to make sharing (and updating) the code easy. I've also given it a name: Remotely Operated Autonomous Monitoring Robot - ROAMR.
It's not really autonomous yet, but that's where I'm headed with it. As of now, the repository includes all code I've written for the project, and a readme explaining roughly how to use everything. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment here or post an issue on the Git page.

https://github.com/phdowling/ROAMR

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved your blog

Unknown said...

I am not familiar to aurdino, I have better experience in Atmel ATmega16, using AVR GCC, can u suggest how to attach a camera(or camera phone) to it and get a real time video feed back....

Unknown said...

Well, I'm not attaching the camera phone directly to the microcontroller. The phone runs android, and I'm programming it using SL4A (python). Ill be using the webcam facade built into the Android API, so in the end the camera feed goes through either wifi or the phones mobile data connection, although this does work out to have a considerable lag (several seconds). Ill update the project soon, I've been busy finding an apartment lately.